The Performing Arts Program in 2010
- Build robust public support for, and appreciation of, the arts.
- Support a diverse community of high-quality artists living and working in the Bay Area.
- Support infrastructure for arts creation, presentation, and participation.
- Support Bay Area organizations that work at the intersection of arts, community engagement, and disadvantaged populations.
In 2010, the Performing Arts Program made 106 grants to 97 organizations, totaling over $14 million.
The Performing Arts Program in the News in 2010:
- Six Commissions for Playwright Collaborations – January 2010
- "Foundations" - A Q&A with John E. McGuirk, Performing Arts Program Director – February 2010
- Hewlett and Irvine Foundations Announce Partnership to Support Emerging Arts Leaders in California – February 2010
- The Wallace Alexander Gerbode Foundation and The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation Invite Applications for the 2010 Composer Collaboration Awards – May 2010
- The Performance of Their Lives – April 2010
- Video: East Bay Center for the Performing Arts – May 2010
- Featured Websites: Bay Area Arts Calendars – July 2010
- Americans for the Arts Honors Hewlett Foundation Program Officer – July 2010
- Room and Bard: CalShakes Introduces the Bard to Youth in Residential Treatment – September 2010