The Performing Arts Program in 2011
Cal Shakes’ 2012 production of The Tempest, directed by Jonathan Moscone. Photo courtesy of Kevin Berne and Cal Shakes.
- Build robust public support for, and appreciation of, the arts.
- Support a diverse community of high-quality artists living and working in the Bay Area.
- Support infrastructure for arts creation, presentation, and participation.
- Support Bay Area organizations that work at the intersection of arts, community engagement, and disadvantaged populations.
In 2011, the Performing Arts Program made 124 grants to 113 organizations, totaling over $14.1 million.
Read more about the Performing Arts Program in 2011
View a list of the Performing Arts Program's 2011 grants.
The Performing Arts Program in the News in 2011:
- Six $75,000 Commissions for Composer Collaborations Awarded by the Gerbode and Hewlett Foundations – January 2011
- Hewlett and Gerbode Foundations Invite Applications for the 2011 Choreographer Commissioning Awards – May 2011
- Emiko Ono to Join Hewlett Foundation as Officer in the Performing Arts Program – September 2011