Values & Policies
The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation Code of Ethics
The Hewlett Foundation's Board of Directors and staff adhere to these fundamental commitments:
- To honor the commitment to philanthropy and ethos established by the founders.
- To use the Foundation's resources effectively to support education, culture, and the performing arts, and to address serious social and environmental problems facing society.
- To govern the Foundation in accordance with the law and at the highest standards of practice.
- To act honestly and with integrity in all our transactions and dealings.
- To treat applicants and grantees fairly and respectfully.
- To be inclusive and non-discriminatory in our hiring and appointments and to maintain a healthy, respectful, fulfilling, and productive workplace.
To view the Hewlett Foundation's Guiding Principles, please click here.
The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation Board and staff adhere to the following policies:
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Policy Against Sexual and Other Forms of Harassment
- Reporting of Financial Improprieties (Whistleblower Policy)
- Social Investment Policy
- Guidelines for Staff Service on Grantee Boards
- Grantee References to the Foundation
- Consultant and Vendor References to the Foundation
- External Use of Foundation Facilities Policy
The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation Board and Staff are guided by the following Bylaws and Charters: