Arts Education Grantseeker Guidelines
Through December 31, 2013, the Performing Arts Program will accept unsolicited Letters of Inquiry for the Program Delivery strategy within its Arts Education component. We will consider support for arts organizations whose missions align with our goal to ensure that K-12 public school students have equitable access to arts educations opportunities.
We accept Letters of Inquiry from nonprofit arts organizations with a mission dedicated to arts education that meets all of the following criteria:
- Provide K-12 public school students with sequential, standards-based, arts education programs that take place during the school day (in-school programs) and occur on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis throughout the school year and/or provide teacher professional development for in-school arts education programs.
- Have annual expenses of $100,000 or greater (average over the past three years).
- Possess a three year record of providing in-school programs.
- Are located in and serve any of the following eleven California counties:
-- Contra Costa
-- Santa Clara
-- Santa Cruz
-- San Francisco
-- San Mateo
In an ongoing effort to support the diverse region we serve, we are particularly interested in receiving Letters of Inquiry from organizations that:
- Reach underserved students such as those attending Title I schools, students of color, or students living in low-income communities.
- Are located in and serve Contra Costa, Marin, Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Mateo, and Solano counties.
We do not accept inquiries for the following:
- Public or private elementary or secondary schools.
- County departments of education.
- School districts.
- Education foundations.
- Parent-teacher associations.
- School bands, orchestras, or choirs.
- After-school programs.
- Humanities, literary/poetry, or history programs.
- One-time experiences such as field trips, performances, or competitions.
To help you prepare for your Letter of Inquiry submission, click here to view the fields that you will be asked to complete.
Click here to submit a Letter of Inquiry.